Part 1: Introduction (2 min)
This part gives you a quick overview of both methods to instantiate geometries. You will see how to:
- Change the inputs points count to update the number of instances.
- change the input to update where the instances are as well as their rotation.
- Add attributes, such as scale, to modify each instance individually.
Part 2: Evaluate the graph for each instance with the Copy node (5 min)
This second part dives deeper into the Copy node. You will see how to:
- instantiate a different geometry for every point, using the
- use the
copyexpression multiple times to add even more variation.
- chain Copy nodes one after the other.
Part 3: Get many instances at render time with the Instance node (5 min)
This third part explains the Instance node. You will see how to:
- edit a custom material to affect each instance individually.
- create many instances, with little impact on performance.
- animate any variable inside your material.